social and career skills for young adults: Quick & Easy!
TECHNOLOGY IS STOPPING COMMUNICATION
Quick and easy to read! Make your young adult(s) career ready! Have you noticed the way kids are constantly staring at their cell phones? They spend more time looking at that little screen than engaging with each other, face to face. The technology created to enhance personal communication is actually blocking it.
SUCCESS IN LIFE DEPENDS ON COMMUNICATION
Social skills are the top factor in getting a job, according to Harvard University. Is your young adult prepared? Smile & Succeed for Teens is an attention-grabbing, actionable crash course in SOCIAL and JOB skills that helps teens interview, get and keep a job, excel on the job with powerful social and customer service skills, develop meaningful relationships, and find (or even create) a fulfilling career. For middle, high school and college-aged youth, 12+.
Key Takeaways for Teens Include:
• How to land a job (and keep it!)
• The important life skills your first job can teach you
• Customer service, sales and fundraising skills to excel
• The many benefits of volunteering
• How to handle stress
• Job skills that make you stand out
• What colleges are looking for in applicants, and a lot more.
• Electronic etiquette
• How to make friends
Mom's Choice Gold Award honoring excellence in family friendly products
Teachers' Choice Award for the Classroom
IP Gold Award recognizing excellence
THINK YOUR TEEN WON'T READ SMILE & SMILE FOR TEENS?
From the 2017 Study "Teen Reading in the Digital Era":
"“70% of study participants say they read for pleasure at least weekly, with 50% claiming to read for a minimum of 15 minutes daily.”
The Bureau of Labor Statistics says teens may read for pleasure as little as six minutes per day, Direct, concise with no wasted words, Smile & Succeed for Teens is structured to be read in small doses. It was written with teen reading habits and preferences in mind.
SEE FOR YOURSELF
Check out this excerpt from the book
Short Video Book Trailer
A quick overview of Smile & Succeed for Teens presented by the author, Kirt Manecke.
SCHOOLS USING SMILE & SUCCEED FOR TEENS
· Toledo Public Schools (purchased 2,000 books)
· Huron Valley School District
· Western Michigan University
· Lakeland High School
· Hartland High School
· Oakland ISD/Oakland Schools
· Hartland Middle School at Ore Creek
· Washtenaw ISD Special Education
· Lapeer County ISD Career Education
· Summit Academy
· Lincoln Education Center
· EHOVE Career Center-Job Placement
· Dunckel Middle School
· Pettisville Schools
· Our Lady of the Lakes Middle School
· Muir Middle School
· White Lake Middle School
· Second Chance Academy
· St. Clair County Regional Educational Service Agency Special Education Classes
· West Side School District
· Faytette County Public Schools
· Farmington Alternative High School
· Garrett-Keyser-Butler CSD
· Lake Country School District
· Mcpherson Middle School
· Columbiana County Opportunity School
· AIM High School
· Warren Career Preparation Center
· Silverado High School
· North Clayton High School
· Crestwood High School
· Mumford High School
· Van Buren Public Schools
· Susquehannock High School
· San Mateo County Office of Education
· Olton High School
· O’Donnell ISD
· The Wilson Talent Center
· Lower Moreland Township High School
· Meridian Public Charter School
· Dublin City Schools
· Dexter Community Schools
· Sequoia High School
· The Lamphere School
· Irving ISD Special Education Annex
· BUSY Schools (Australia)
· North Mahaska Schools
· Swartz Creek Community Schools
· Holy Trinity Catholic Secondary School
· Sylvania Public Schools
· Hillcrest High School
· Fayette County Public Schools
· Business Careers High School
· Worcester Technical
· Columbia Public Schools
· Parker Woods Montessori
· Brookview Elementary School
· Susquehannock High School
· St. Michael Special School
· Payson High School
· Annapolis High School
· Hardin County Schools
· Thomas More College
· Duluth East High School
· Saranac Lake CSD
· Glendale Community College
· Yavapai Accommodation School District #99
· Delaware County ISD
· Transition and Supported Employment, Services for the Blind,
North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
· Halifax Community College, Workforce and Economic Development Division,
Career Readiness Certificate
· Glendale Unified School District
· Transition Plus
· Shawnee Mission East High School
· Glenmont Job Corps Center
· Conotton Valley Union Local
· Southern Ohio Educational Service Center
· Sycamore High School/Aviator Launch Program
· The Community School
· Avery Elementary School
· iCan Dream Center
· Region 7 ESC, Kilgore TX
· Stark County ESC
· Troy School District
· ECLC of New Jersey Chatham
· Goldendale High School
· Tumwater High School
· Simley High School
· Futures School
· Many, many more.
Perfect for teens who are:
o Looking for a job
o In apprenticeship programs
o Already working
o Planning to start their own business
o Looking to volunteer
o Applying to colleges
o Not yet clear on a career path
o In transition programs
Smile & Succeed for Teens can be read cover to cover, but it also serves as an effective quick-reference guide for kids with an ultra-short attention span. Teens can use the book like a dictionary or encyclopedia, finding the topic they need help with in the Table of Contents, and going directly to that section of the book.
Teens won't only walk away with information. They will walk away with a step-by-step process for applying what they’ve learned.
“Now I know when to have my phone out and when not to.”
Isabelle // Teenager
“Smile & Succeed for Teens helped me realize that the way you put yourself into the world matters. I like how it includes ‘How To’ tips so we enter the subject prepared.”
“I found the book personally inspiring. I would not have known what to do and what not to do in an interview.”
Jeremiah // Teenager
WHO SHOULD READ THIS BOOK
o Teens seeking to improve social skills, self-esteem, independence, confidence and electronic etiquette
o Teens with anxiety and who are shy
o Teens looking for a job, volunteering or who want to jump start their career
o Teens already working, self-employed or who would like to start their own business
o Teens applying to college
o Teens with autism, ADHD, Down Syndrome, and other disabilities
o Teens and young adults in transition and Pre-Employment Transition Services (Pre-ETS)
o Clients in Project SEARCH and other transition programs
o Vocational rehabilitation and homeschool students
More than 50 Fun, Informative Illustrations
Temple Grandin, world-renowned autism spokesperson and professor at Colorado State University, called Kirt the same day she read his book Smile & Succeed for Teens. Temple urged Kirt to use her testimonial to get his book out to all teens and adults to lower the unemployment rate.
Smile and Succeed for Teens is a FANTASTIC resource to help teens be successful at work.
One of Time Magazine's 100 Most Influential People in the World,
Author, Thinking in Pictures, The Autistic Brain
TEACHERS: BRING SMILE INTO YOUR CLASSROOMS
Easily Fits into Your Current Curriculum
Easily Fits into Your Current Curriculum
Smile & Succeed for Teens is the perfect supplemental book.
Smile & Succeed for Teens: Lexile: 720L (4th grade reading level)
For middle, high school and college teachers to teach ALL students.
The perfect career readiness and transition curriculum! Also popular with special education directors and teachers helping students with autism and other disabilities.
FREE PDF Teaching Guide with your purchase of a classroom pack(s).
bulk sales: outfit your whole school or business and save!
SPECIAL BULK RATE DISCOUNTS
101-200 Books: 50% discount: $7.47 per book
201-1,000 Books: 62% discount: $5.68 per book
1,001+ Books: Please contact us at Kirt@SmiletheBook.com or 248-685-0483 for pricing.
Includes FREE shipping to one location in lower 48 states in USA.
To order, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the quantity of books you are ordering and you will receive a link by email to pay by credit or debit card. To order by phone please call 248-685-0483. Non-returnable.
Perfect for employee training, schools, premiums, associations, fundraising, and more. Purchase 200 or more copies and author Kirt Manecke will provide a 30 minute social and career skills Zoom presentation.