This Marketoon was too funny to pass up! We all see the signs in businesses asking us to “Like” them on Facebook, but is this how to make customers come back?
Far too often, businesses asking us to “Like” them on Facebook provide really awful customer service. Think about it. If they had great customer service would they really need to ask or remind their customers to “Like” them?
If you have a business and want your customers to “Like” you on Facebook, give them a reason! Train your staff. Smile, treat customers like friends, and go the extra mile. That’s how to increase your Facebook “Likes”!
1. Smile (you’d be surprised how many people don’t smile at customers. I’m thinking of a certain waitress at a local coney island who never smiles, but that’s for another post).
2. Greet customers with a smile and a warm “Hello” when they enter your business.
3. Follow the Golden Rule: Treat others how you want to be treated.
4. Engage your customers. Ask them how their day is going. Start a conversation.
5. Listen. Be a good listener. Listen to what your customers are saying. Don’t talk over them.
6. Say “Please” and “Thank you”. When a customer says “Thank you”, NEVER answer with “Yep” or “No problem”.
Just implementing these simple tips will make a dramatic difference in customer satisfaction. And you will notice your Facebook “Likes” increasing! 🙂
Do you have any tips on how to make customers come back?
Kirt Manecke is the author of the award-winning books Smile: Sell More with Amazing Customer Service, and Smile & Succeed for Teens: Must-Know People Skills for Today’s Wired World. Learn more about Kirt on his website.