Social skills are critical in building teenage self-confidence. Strong social skills contribute to your teen’s success in school, work and life.
Basic Social Skills
• Conflict resolution
Problems that occur while building teenage self confidence.
• Self-esteem problems.
• Difficulty in expressing desires and opinions.
• Difficulties in relating to others.
• Problems at school.
• Emotional discomfort.
Tips in building teenage self confidence:
● Teach your teens to value themselves and others, and to respect and listen.
● Serve as an example for your teens in your relationships with them and others.
● Help your teens build a strong moral and ethical base.
● Help teens form a positive self-image.
● Encourage your teens to participate in activities that involve social groups.
For a quick and easy way to teach your teens important social skills, check out Smile & Succeed for Teens: Must-Know People Skills for Today’s Wired World. Developed by a team of students, parents and educators, Smile & Succeed for Teens provides the critical tools needed in building teenage self confidence.
Kirt Manecke is the author of the award-winning books Smile: Sell More with Amazing Customer Service and Smile & Succeed for Teens: Must-Know People Skills for Today’s Wired World. Learn more about Kirt on his website.